Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Creative Whim...

The other night I wanted to make something, just for the joy of creating something. I had no plan, no idea what I was going to make. I picked out some paper, and after a few minutes, decided I would make an advent calender for my sons classroom. I fiddled around with a couple different ideas and ended up using a cookie sheet for the base, some magnets and a tiny tin bucket that have been living in my stash of stuff for a couple of years. This is the completed project, I have to say I love how this turned out, I may just have to make up a couple more!! The numbers are on magnets so they can be changed to countdown to the holiday. The extra numbers are kept in the little tin bucket tied to the bottom of the cookie sheet. I used the stamp sets "Hedgehog Happiness" a level C Hostess set, and "The Places You'll Go" to decorate the bottom, along with a little polar white flower soft, for the snow.
Here is a closer look at this cute little hedgehog. I paper pieced the wagon to bring a touch of the patterned paper to the bottom. The rest is colored with copic markers. My son's class is enjoying my creative whim, and I so enjoyed making this fun project!

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, hope that your are having a lovely day!!

8 comments:

Danni said...

What a clever idea!! Love it!

Debra Miller said...

Awesome idea!

Glittered Paws said...

This is absolutely darling - and love the little hedgehog pulling the wagon. What a great idea and I am sure your sons class is lovin it.

Unknown said...

This is just SO cute and clever!!! Great project!

Debra Hensley said...

Absolutely adorable! I love it! Your son has an awesome and creative mom!! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Unger said...

What a creative idea! Great job!

Chelsea said...

very very cute!

kssdesigns said...

WOW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails