Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter Basket Bonanza Blog Hop!

Welcome to April's Angel Company Blog Hop! This month we were challenged to create an Easter Basket. I would also like to welcome you to join the fun with your own Easter creation weather that be a basket or other Easter item! If you link your project to The Savvy Projects Blog by Sunday, you could win some Blog Candy!!
First up is my little Easter Basket. I used an 8x8 inch piece of white core card stock scored with my Scor-pal, and sanded, to create a woven look. I then folded it into this little box and added a handle to make it into a basket. The little bunny on the front is from "I Love Easter", this is my favorite image from that set, I love to add white fun flock to his little tail.
I also thought I would make an Easter card with a basket! I used up some leftover bits and pieces that were laying on my table too! I had an extra piece of the white core card stock from my basket, so I added some score lines around the edge to create a frame that really shows up after sanding. The 'basket' was made by weaving 1/4" strips of kraft card stock together until I had the right size, then folded over the edges and glued it in place. The handle was made using a couple of circle punches. The stamped image is from "Hedgehog Happiness" a current level C hostess set , sentiment is from "I Love Easter".  I decided to use one of Heather's sketches that has also been setting on my table. I am so happy with how this one came out, what do you think?
I hope that you will join in the fun on this blog hope and add a creation of your own, if not then at least take a tour and see all the fun creations everyone else made! Maybe it will get you inspired to make some of your own Easter projects!! Here is a couple more Easter Basket ideas from a few years ago, Here and Here.
I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

very cute .. love the colors and love love all of the details and elements that you put into these.

Chris said...

Angela...that little basket on the card is so amazing...and with those eggs and bunnies peeking out?!? I love it!! The fluffy tail on your bunny is too cute too. Great post!!

Christine Pennington said...

Omy word--I love them both!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Thanks for sharing!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Very cute - love the basket - and the chocolate bunnies are super.

Michelle said...

oh my - this is adorable! I am in LOVE with your Easter Basket card...I have GOTTA try that! SO so cool! AWESOME job!!

Holly said...

Your art is amazing~ love!!!

Peggie said...

Your basket is cute but I really love what you did with the card. Great job.

Teresa Jenkins said...

Fabulous!!!! Love your basket on the card, it is just too cute!

Unknown said...

OMG! These are fantastic!! And you did great with Heather's sketch, too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails