Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Christmas in July!!

How about some awesome ideas for Christmas! All this week over on the Savvy Projects blog, we will be focusing on ideas and projects for the holiday season!  So will I, each day I will have a new project featured here to (hopefully) inspire you to get a head start on your holiday projects! I know it is only July, and it's like 100 degrees out side, but if we get a head start our projects could be done and we could enjoy the Christmas season without a crafting frenzy at the last minute. What!? I can't be the only one who does that... am I??

I took up a challenge by another Angel to use papers that were not "Christmas" paper, to create for Christmas. We have so many beautiful paper collections to choose from at The Angel Company that it really wasn't hard to do. I found that there is at least one sheet in most of our "Soar with it Collections" (SWIC) that could work for Christmas projects. And often there were two or more sheets that would work!!
The first card (above), was created using the Maggie SWIC and Amberly card stock collection., This light blue paper from Maggie, looks so cool and wintery to me. I tried for a "traditional" Christmas look for these cards today. I will share some nontraditional color combos later in the week.
This next card couldn't be more traditional in color, but this paper is from Mia's Cottage SWIC and card stock collection, paired with scarlet card stock! Polka dots are from Background Soup and embossed in white. This sentiment was computer generated, sorry,  I just wanted that saying so badly for this card, and couldn't let it go. :) 
Along with my papers, I also used stamps on both cards that are not from Christmas sets. The first card used the sweet angel from Fairytale Fun, but the sentiment is from Hung on a Tree, a Christmas set. This second card used Mice Day.
I will be adding something here everyday this week, lots of ideas for Christmas I just couldn't stop! I hope that you will stop in again . Also please be sure to check out the Savvy Projects blog all week for Christmas in July and see something new each day to inspire you!!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a delightful day!! :)

Supplies used: 
Stamps:  Fairytale Fun, Hung on a Tree, Mice Day, Background Soup
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Sand, Rick Cocoa
Paper: Copic Xperss it, Ultra Smooth White card stock, Amberly Grace Card Stock, Maggie SWIC, Mia's   Cottage SWIC and card stock, Scarlet card stock.
Colored with Copic Markers





5 comments:

~ Connie said...

Angela: I LOVE both of your cards! I think I'll have to use that angel in my Christmas in July class. Thanks for taking my challenge; it's 'selfish' tho' 'cause I was looking for class ideas!

Mary said...

These cards are beautiful...you have such talent. Thanks for sharing :)

Diana said...

Just beautiful cards!! Now I want to create Christmas cards, lol!!

Sandy said...

Great cards Angela - I especially love the mouse card

Trudy Osborn said...

Obviously I haven't been to your blog in too long a time...there are so many fabulous cards that I haven't seen before...Your work is fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails