Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Savvy Projects Technique Blog Hop- Stamping on Fabric

Hello and Happy Friday! I hope that you are having a wonderful day today. It is time for another Savvy Projects Blog Hop!! This month it is a technique hop, and we are featuring Stamping on Fabric!! I have never actually done this before, always meant to, but never got around to it. It's always good to try new things!!
I found these muslin(sorry I thought they were muslin, but no!) canvas artist trading cards in my stash of stuff and thought that would be a good place to start. I stamped off a few different images to work with using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. When you stamp on fabric it is a much softer line, the ink just is not as bold. I knew that you could use colored pencils on the muslin, but I wanted a bolder look so I went for my Copics. After experimenting on one of my images I realized that you need to use a very soft hand, and it is better to let your ink dry between colors. Also I liked it better when I started with the softest color, completely covering the area I was coloring, then adding my darker color for shading and then the medium color over the top of that. I hope that makes some kind of sense. For this card I used Be Fabulous, Wonderful Words, Hemingway ribbon, SWIC, and card stock collections. Originally I was going to stamp the sentiment on the fabric, but I knew it wouldn't be as bold as I wanted it, so I just added another layer!
This next card is my favorite and uses Music Washes, Amberley Grace SWIC, Amberley Grace, Hemingway, and Mimi card stock collections. I also used some wonderful old sheet music that one of my sweet hostess girls gave me, Thank You Kara!
Please check out The Savvy Projects Blog to see more fun and inspiring creations with stamping in fabric. Even better make your own stamped on fabric project and add it to the blog hop, there is a link at the bottom of the Savvy projects post!! We would love to see what you create too!!
So what do you think?
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful Friday!!

Edited to add that these were canvas ATC pieces. Opps, sorry!!

10 comments:

Chris said...

BREATHTAKING!!! {yes, I am shouting :) }

Chelsea said...

Awesome cards Angela. Love the Piano one!

Trudy Osborn said...

Beautiful cards...

Christine Pennington said...

They both are lovely!

Debra Miller said...

WOW - amazing as always Angi!

Risa said...

WOW my friend...you have out done yourself! Both cards are beautiful. I love the way your sentiment is clear and bold on the paper and the way you layered it is perfect. The sheet music is a nice touch on a beautiful second card.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Looks great. You did a wonderful job.

StampingbugKerry said...

Beautiful cards. Love the layouts and the copic coloring on both...so pretty!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! these are both beautifully done!

Holly said...

Beautiful! Your art is always so classy! LoVe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails