Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deck the Halls - Angel Company Christmas Blog Hop!

Welcome to another Angel Company Blog Hop! This Month we are decking the halls with festive ideas for Christmas! Anyone is welcome to join the blog hop, the only requirement is that you use only Angel Company stamps for your project. If you do not have a blog, you can upload your project HERE. If you would like more information, or you just want to follow this inspiring hop, you can go HERE.


These are the projects that I made with the wonderful ladies in my Hostess Group this week. This first card was inspired by a card that Debbie, my very talented and sweet down line, gave me a couple of years ago. I loved the colors she used and the way she layered the snowflakes on the heart. So, inspired by Debbie I made this card with a detachable ornament, made from a clear mini album page (mini deco album K-604) and 'Christmas Circles' (T-2945). The sentiment is from 'Vintage Santa' (T-3379). There is a spot on the back of the ornament to add a family photo. This card is flat enough to be sent through the mail easily.

This second project is a snow globe type ornament made form one of our round metal tins (D-102). It is kind of hard to see in this photo, but the trees and the penguin are all popped up, each a bit higher than the other, for more depth. The trees are from a set I just had to have, called 'The Places You'll Go' (T-3351) love it! I added stickles for snow on the branches. The penguin is from the set 'Cuddly Christmas' (T-3390) another favorite.  I seem to be addicted to this color combo lately. For the snow on this one I used a chunky glitter ( that is the glob thing in the "sky") and tiny bead things. We used a finer glitter for the second batch and I think I liked it better. You could also use Flower soft and glitter for the snow, either way this is a cute project with a lot of possibilities!!
I hope you will check back and follow the hop as it grows, there is sure to be some wonderful ideas for Christmas projects of all kinds, please feel free to leave comments as you go too! :)
Enjoy!!

23 comments:

Eva said...

Your ornament is absolutely amazing...great colors and love the gliteer!

Michelle said...

Oh wow - love these projects!! That snowglobe tin is too cute!! TFS!!

Glittered Paws said...

The card is stunning and the ornament is just too cute - great ideas.

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Beautiful. Love both projects and the colors you used

Chelsea said...

I love your snow globe ornament! How cute is that!!!!

Your care is wonderful as well!

Anonymous said...

That ornament is way to cute and clever! Love it!

Unknown said...

Both are just wonderful! The ornament would make a great gift topper, too!

Tricia T said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that ornament!!!! TFS!!!!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

I love your projects. You did very neat work too!

Sandy said...

Everything is adorable! Love seeing it.

Laurie Unger said...

Oh wowza! I love both - great ideas! thanks for sharing.

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - the snowglobe is sooo cute! And, I love the card design - the layering is awesome!

Debra Miller said...

Both projects are wonderful! Love how the card had a removeable ornament element. The snow globe feature is a great idea.

Chris said...

Great card - I love that you used non Christmas images!

Teresa Jenkins said...

Love these, great ornaments!

Anna said...

Love the snowglobe! So cute!

Kim said...

Wow! Love both of these!

Christine Pennington said...

I love the snowglobe

Sharon said...

I'm going to have to stamp lift your ornament. It's adorable!

Maria said...

I love the ornament and the card what an awesome idea.

Barb said...

Gorgeous projects as usual! Love these Angela :)

Silli said...

Wonderful projects Angela...love the cute penguin...HUGS

Trudy Osborn said...

THese are both so cute, but that ornament has a little extra "kick"

Related Posts with Thumbnails