Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday Kitty


Birthday cards are what I seem to need the most, all the time. I think this soon to be released new set from The Angel Company is so very cute, it is called "Cupcake Cuties", and it works perfectly for birthday cards! There are several images in this set that are adorable, I will post more in the next few days... The sentiment is from another TAC set called "Open Presents" I colored this using Copic markers, which I am very excited to say will also be available in the new catalog!!! To keep the kitty white, I just used a light grey marker to add some shadow, then lightly blended it out with the colorless blender pen. It's an easy way to achieve some depth without coloring the whole image. This same technique could be used with colored pencils and OMS. What do you think??

5 comments:

West Coast Scrapper said...

yep, i'll be buying that set too!

kssdesigns said...

I think you are so talented! Love the colors on this one and the sparkley frosting!!

Julie Robinson said...

oh - I just LOVE this card!

Debra Hensley said...

So cute! Love the colors and the design. The new sentiment set is great too. I love your cards!! Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Love that sparkly cupcake and your shading (inside and out) on the kitty is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails